Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

What Can I Do? Baltimore, Nepal, Aids

Share it Please
Your Prayers Can Change Conditions

Donate an hour of your time:  Rev. Michele Synegal of our Center in Baltimore, The Spiritual Empowerment Center requested prayer support for her community and her city.  I immediately began praying the prayer I have been taught at Centers for Spiritual Living, an affirmative style prayer dwelling on peace just as Rev. Michele suggested.  I invested an hour of my time forming the affirmative prayer and then I posted her request on our organization’s Facebook page and began collecting other people’s written affirmative  prayers (Spiritual Mind Treatments) and posting them there in the comments.   Rev. Michele commented, “Thank you for your prayers.  They have the power to change conditions!” 

The instant I read that comment I felt renewed in my commitment to spiritual work and I remembered that at the heart of our movement is this idea that prayer can change conditions.  It just took me an hour, surely I can invest that a couple times a week, if not every day, for our nation and it’s beleaguered communities.   And, if a person doesn’t know how to write an affirmative prayer, a kind word posted on our Centers for Spiritual Living Facebook Page will have a similar effect.  Or. a quick visit to the Online Affirmative Prayer Library will give you the opportunity to search for prayers by topic. 

You could copy the text of one, title it “For Baltimore,” add the hashtags #Baltimore, #AWorldThatWorksForEveryone and post it on Facebook on your own timeline and on our organizations timeline.

image

Nepal - Your Donations Can Bring Relief

100% of your gift will fund the most urgent needs for earthquake survivors:  My heart is being cracked wide open by the loss of life both at home and abroad.  I want to reach out and connect.  I want to do something in addition to donating my spiritual practice.  In the case of the earthquake damage in Nepal, the numbers of people affected and the damage overwhelms me and I want to give something.  I worry that money donated doesn’t reach the people affected. 

I searched for and read about organizations until I feel confident that the money I give is going where it can be used.  I found Charity : Water and love that they say 100% of the money I donate goes directly to the earthquake survivors.  I love what they are about.  I’ve already made one donation and I plan to do more.  I’m reminded that the small act of contribution I made has a profound effect, not only on the people helped, but on me.  It opens my heart up more, to do more, to pray more, to give more and to visualize peace frequently.

image

HIV/AIDS - Your Support Can Inspire Thousands

Life changing experience for participants, clients and donors:  Some people have the schedule that allows them to take a whole week off and ride a bicycle from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  Others don’t.  But everyone can support those who ride and those who staff the ride.  Every bit of support, whether in prayer, or donations, or kind words, adds to the moment of this powerful event.  And I believe it is the well wishes of everyone cheering the riders and staff on that make it possible for thousands of rides to make it.  Well, that and arduous training. 

It’s not to late for you to sponsor a rider on this year’s AIDS/Life Cycle Ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  Indeed, I would love you to support me!  I’m working very hard to be able to do this ride, and I’m doing it because of the many people I have seen die and struggle with HIV/AIDS at a time when funding for support organizations seems to have fallen to events such as this.  Doing something matched with knowing something (spiritual practice) is helping restore my faith in a vision of a world in which there is a generous and ongoing sharing of resources and love.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com