Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Work: An Invisible Presence is Working Through Me

Share it Please


Spirit works for us by working through us
SOM pp. 37

Because the road was steep and long
And through a dark and lonely land,
God set upon my lips a song
And put a lantern in my hand.
Joyce Kilmer

Accepting work as a spiritual practice requires an attitude of mind that recognizes the Presence of God in all things.  If we are to see ourwork as a spiritual practice, we must begin by recognizing that at every moment we can be the vehicle through which Spirit expresses Love and Beauty.  In the place of our business, we might feel at times subject to the fluctuations of different personalities and conditions, all beyond the realm of our control.  This may be true.  However, when we surrender the desire to make things right and yield to the wisdom of Spirit within, we can be effective in transforming our immediate world by celebrating the Truth in every moment.

When work becomes a steep and long road through a dark and lonely land, it is helpful to remind oneself that an invisible Presence is moment by moment working through us to achieve a glorious end.  The work we are currently engaged in may or may not be our life’s vocation.  Our current work may be a stepping stone or a dream come true.  Whatever the case, our work is always this:  An opportunity to deepen our spiritual relationship to the world around us.

I affirm Spirit's light within me casts a clear light on all that lies before me.  The labor of my hands today becomes a service to Creation.  I am at peace with my world.  I give thanks for my life and all that is in it.

You may also enjoy reading:

The Healing Power of Humor

Cause And Effect




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com