Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why Shopping for "Made in the USA" is not that difficult.

Share it Please
There are scads of things that aren't made in the USA, but when something IS made in the USA am I willing to buy it from a USA manufacturer? With the miracle of the Internet, and the foreign made device that I am using to surf on it, I have found a whole world of American made products. Here are just a few examples below, you get the idea.

In my local supermarket items made locally are labeled clearly and when a customer checks out the receipt shows how much of your purchase went to products made in our county. It has influenced me in my grocery shopping. Granted, the local made olive oil is four times the price of the foreign made one, but I notice the last four times I bought Sonoma county made anyway.

It's a tough awareness to come to, that my home and office reflect back to me product labels of anything but American made. I don't expect I will be able to step out of the international market, and that isn't my goal, however, I can shift the balance in easy ways. For example, of my three journals, two are printed in the USA and one in China. I'm scratching my head with many others and looking to what I can do rather than slip into a feeling of helplessness.

Shoes made in the USA
http://www.unionlabel.com/shoes--boots.html

Men's shirts, classic, well made and beautiful
http://inlandclothing.com/collections/shirts

Games, toys and puzzles
http://www.unionlabel.com/games-amp-toys.html

On Amazon put quotes around the search phrase "Made in USA"
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%22made+in+usa%22&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A%22made+in+usa%22

Personal care products
http://stores.shopofamericanproducts.com/-strse-Personal-Care-Products/Categories.bok


Read more about:

Black Friday - Come Back To America Friday

Reading the news and it all looks.... -  Joni


1 comment:

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com